ALBANY — At Friday’s portion of the state qualifier meet for Section II at the University at Albany, a host of Shenendehowa track and field athletes qualified for next week’s state championships.
Today’s qualifiers from Shenendehowa included:
- Boys’ 110-meter hurdles: Shawn Bleichert, 14.36
- Boys’ 4×100-meter relay: Serge Clereveau, Joe Osaheni, Shawn Bleichert, Michael Popp
- Boys’ 4×800-meter relay: Tyler Schmidt, Jack Vite, Mitchell Halpern, Collin Rowe, 7:43.92
- Girls’ 100-meter dash: Kerris Moore, 12.45
- Girls’ 1,500-meter run: Julia Zachgo, 4:37.00
- Girls’ 4×100-meter relay: Melissa Haas, Kerris Moore, Alexandra Tudor, Analise Kirby, 48.62
- Girls’ 4×400-meter relay: Sydney Brown, Sarah Knowles, Alexandra Tudor, Olivia Robbins, 3:51.05
- Girls’ 4×800-meter relay: Ally Arserio, Hannah Reale, Caroline Rusch, Julia Zachgo, 9:09.34
- Girls’ discus throw: Jess Craven, 131-7
- Girls’ shot put: Jill Shippee, 39-7.00
The state championships are June 12-13 and are also at UAlbany.
— Michael Kelly